Water, a colorless and smell less liquid we should be thankful for every day. Just being in a position to waltz your way into your kitchen and pour yourself a glass of water is very valuable. And you will definitely agree with one Loren Eiseley, “If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water.” Unfortunately, we tend to take things for granted, and we usually appreciate things only when we lose them.
And I’m not preaching. I’m also well aware of the fact that I take things for granted, with things such as electricity or water. But I do remember a few situations where I found myself without fresh water. Even though these situations were unpleasant, I value them and keep them in my mind.
You see, wherever you go and whatever you do, you will bring water with you, or there will be fresh and clean water waiting for you.
The food we eat is also important, but not as nearly important as water. In fact, you can skip your breakfasts, lunches, or dinner, but you can’t skip a glass of water. Some people even manage to go for several days without eating anything, but they still survive. On the other hand, some people manage to function without sleep for more than a week and still remain okay.
But without taking water in any form, you will survive 72 hours, and that is if you are lucky. So why is this the case? Why is water so important to us?
Water, the source of life
Even though I’m far from being a chemist, doctor or biologist, I will try to explain in a very simple way why we need water on a daily basis.
So, just by looking at the numbers, we can already see why water is precious to us. Reliable research says that the human body has 50-63% or more as water. In fact, some organs like our brain are 75% water. And just by looking at these two facts, we can safely conclude that we cannot move or think without water.
Furthermore, every bodily fluid contains water, fluids like blood, urine, digestive juices, sweat, and more. In summary, water is pretty much the thing that keeps our body running.
Now I’m not an expert, but I can imagine our body collapsing if it doesn’t get water. Can you imagine if all the valuable nutrients like vitamins, minerals or carbohydrates never made it to their destination? Why? Because water also serves as a transport vehicle through our body.
And I don’t even want to think about all the cleaning our body actually does with the help of water.
Why is water a luxury?
It is hard to imagine that water is indeed a luxury to many people. Especially clean, drinkable water. Each year thousands of people die of thirst or of dirty water. And some of those people die or get sick by drinking tap water, not some lake or swamp water.
Even more shocking is the fact that in some countries people die of thirst or water poisoning more than they die because of war.
The problem with water is that, unlike most other necessities, it cannot be stored or packed in a way food can. You can freeze it but that won’t make much of a difference because the mass will stay the same, therefore it will take the same space as would in liquid form.
So you can store on most things for a very long time, but water is a totally different story.
So what happens if you run out of water?
Whether you are out in the woods on a camping trip or in the comfort of your home, the rules are the same about water. That is, you must not drink contaminated water so that you avoid waterborne infections. Certainly, these situations (when you have no access to water) can happen anywhere and anytime.
Sure, just because they can happen to you doesn’t mean they will occur. But still, the purpose of this review is to prepare you for the worst case scenarios that you may face. After all, “Thousands have lived without love, not one without water.” (W. H. Auden)
It is also very hard to tell whether the water in any river or lake is drinkable, safe, or unsafe. In many cases water in rivers or lakes can seem very clean and healthy, but that is not always the case. Simply because numerous bacteria and diseases may be hiding in in any contaminated water in many water bodies and surfaces.
Micro-organisms, bacteria, or diseases that may be present in contaminated water
- Giardia-a parasite found in contaminated water or food. Ultimately, the parasite causes an intestinal infection called giardiasis. Symptoms include watery diarrhea, fatigue, belching, nausea, and greasy stools
- Legionnaire bacteria- These bacteria cause legionnaires disease or legionella pneumonia. The legionnaires pneumonia spreads mist and water droplets.
- Shigella-These bacteria result to shigellosis disease. The main symptoms include cramps, fever, stomach aches, and diarrhea, which is sometimes bloody. Shigellosis disease is spread by taking water or contaminated liquids and food.
- Salmonella bacteria-This bacteria salmonella causes salmonellosis infection. The bacteria live in intestines of birds and some animals. You can get it from animal feces which may be deposited in foods or water that you take. The Salmonellosis infection shows symptoms such as fever, stomach pains, chills, nausea, and diarrhea.
- Escherichia Coli bacteria (E. Coli). This bacterium is found in the lower intestines of several animals. You get these bacteria from contaminated food such as meat and water. The bacteria have a toxin that damages your small intestines. Symptoms of E. coli bacteria may vary among individuals. But, the most common signs are stomach pains, severe stomach cramps, diarrhea (sometimes with blood).
- Cryptosporidium parasite. This parasite causes cryptosporidiosis infectious disease. The disease has symptoms like stomach aches, vomiting, and severe watery diarrhea. This parasite, also called crypto, is found in untreated contaminated water in water bodies and surfaces. The parasite is deposited in such water through human or animal stool infested with it. Also, you can get the parasite from soil, food, dirty hands, and other affected surfaces.
Unfortunately, the list goes on and on. The safest thing would be to just boil the water, but that is not always possible.
Get a water filter
However, there is a way you can drink any water without risking anything, whether it is a lake, river, tap or even swap water. More importantly, it is a very cheap, cost-effective way of making sure that you will always be able to provide clean water for yourself, your friend and family if necessary.
I’m talking about a very simple, compact and highly effective water filter, the AquaStiq Filter.
What is AquaStiq Filter?
Aquastic Filter is a water filtration system designed by Joe Marshall (SurvivalLife). This system uses the best portable water filtration technology currently available. These filters are used all over the world, both for emergency situations and as a daily source of clean water in third world countries that have problems with freshwater access.
What does this AquaStiq Filter system do?
- This filter removes 99.99% of waterborne bacteria such as E. Coli or Salmonella.
- This AquaStiq Filter also removes 99.99% of waterborne protozoan parasites like Giardia and Cryptosporidium.
- It filters down to 0.2 microns, reducing the turbidity, and clearing the water.
- The product is very compact and light since it weighs only 2 oz.
- The AquaStiq Filter is a 100% natural way of clearing contaminated water (it uses 0 chemicals during the filtration process).
- It is BPA free-That is, it does not contain harmful Bisphenol A in it.
- Fortunately, this AquaStiq Filter functions mechanically and doesn’t require any outside source of energy (doesn’t use batteries or anything like that).
- The filter is well-crafted, with no moving parts, and nothing will wear out or break off.
- And you can literally use it for as long as you want (it is not a one-time usage).
How does it work?
According to numerous customer reviews, this is by far the most efficient water filtration system today. It will stop any kind of bacteria or parasite through the filtration process. Furthermore, its unique design allows this device to stop the flow of water through the filter reached its maximum filtration point.
This is great because with this system you be sure that the water that came through the filtration system is perfectly drinkable. If the water isn’t flowing through the filter, that is a signal for replacement with a new filter. Pretty simple and straightforward.
It is also very simple to use. There are no pumps, batteries, no chemicals or shaking; if you can drink with a straw, you are good to go. It is also worth mentioning that this device weighs only 2 oz. and will fit in any bag, glove compartment, or in your pocket.
It is a very innovative device and is a lot more than just your average water filtration system. According to Joe, this system has been tried and tested all over the world, with proven results and positive reviews.
Why do you need a system like this?
Actually, it is very simple. At best, you can survive without water for 72 hours, assuming that you are in a very benign situation. However, if you take other things into account, like stress or heat, you will lose your water supplies a lot faster.
And if you find yourself in a disadvantageous or disastrous situation, you will probably move. You won’t just sit on the ground and wait for miracle rain or help. In the end, with the AquaStiq Filter, you will maximize your survival chances.
This is the safest water filtration system out there because there is no guesswork with AquaStiq. The moment that filter stops pulling water through, that is a signal for replacement.
If you have time to boil the water, that’s perfect. But you cannot be sure that you will have the time or the conditions to start a fire. Why risk it?
Bonus worth mentioning: “Unlimited water”
This 28-page long guide will teach you everything you need to know about creating your own water supplies as you should. It pretty much condenses everything Joe learned about water throughout his research.
And it comprehensively gives you everything you need to know, straight-up facts, valuable information, and no-nonsense. Take a look at the list of some of the things you will learn by reading this guide.
- Get everything about the biggest threats to your survival, the treats that lay in contaminated water, and the dehydration. Moreover, you will study how to avoid these dangers.
- You will also learn what is the most common rookie mistake that people make with regards to drinking water. Pay close attention to them because some of these mistakes can seriously damage you, or even cost you your life.
- Understand how to know and calculate the amount of water you will need in any situation. And, you would be surprised how many people make false assumptions about how many waters will they need in a given situation.
- Also, this AquaStiq Filter guide will explain to you which sources of water you can and cannot use. That way, you can help everyone around you. Indeed, it will even educate them about the dangers of contaminated water
This is just a glimpse of things you will receive and learn if you buy the AquaStiq Filter package. Definitely, this filter is a valuable package, and it could even prove to be a life savior in dire situations.